Sunday 3 March 2013

A QuinnTessential Welcome!

Hello! and welcome to the first official post of my first official Blog!!!

In my spare time (whatever that is, does anyone remember?) I write.  I also read - a lot!  And engage in several other activities that either are unrelated to this blog or will become integrated with it over time. 

But for now, this Blog represents a love story of sorts:  the love, admiration, awe and gratitude I feel for Jane Austen every time I pick up one of her books, letters or other writing. 

I was blessed several years ago to stumble upon a community of ladies and gentlemen (OK, mostly ladies) who share this love of Jane Austen - and through that community I was afforded the nudge I needed to engage in a long-held dream: to become a writer myself.  I started writing Jane Austen Fan Fiction (JAFF), mainly for posting on a couple websites with intimate readership.  When I gathered sufficient courage, I entered a few short story writing contests.  And when I became a finalist in a couple - even though I didn't win in the end - I decided to take that last, most frightening plunge, publishing!  Now, it seems the next logical step is to enter the information age (not so easy for an aging techno-illiterate) with a blog. 

I'm new to this, and admittedly ignorant!  The look and feel of my pages will change, I am sure, as I learn more of what I'm doing.  But my intention is to share with you my writing journey from this moment forward as well as to archive some of my past experiences.  As I learn how to do so, I will post links and other information for my completed works; as well as occasional progress reports on my current project(s).  And I hope to establish a community too - a cast of characters if you will, with which to people this love story.  So I will share information as well on other JAFF authors and books as I discover them.  Because it's all about sharing the love. 

So welcome! Thanks for stopping by - and please do visit again soon and often as there should be a JAFF giveaway or two coming very shortly to start us off with a bang!  (As soon as I figure out how to set it up, LOL) 

Tess Quinn

21 comments:

  1. Hello Tess, and welcome to the wonderful world of blogging. I'm convinced that if Jane Austen were alive today, she would have a blog.

    I'm looking forward to watching your blogger skills blossom along with your writing career.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kate - and I'm certain if Jane Austen were alive today, her blogging skills would far exceed my own, too, LOL

      Delete
  2. Welcome!!! Glad to see you take the plunge! Just go with your gut and your heart, and you'll do swimmingly :) Looking forward to following your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Angela. I think my gut and my heart are both in my throat about now... but I'm excited about having a place of my own to talk writing, reading, Austen and friendship! I appreciate your support.

      Delete
  3. Yay Tess and best of luck on your new endeavor! You're a true and honest woman and your blog will reflect those qualities.

    xoxox

    Elizabeth Bennett

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Elizabeth, you're a good friend. Either that or you don't know me very well, haha. I hope you'll come back and visit again, especially since much of my content will relate to your namesake!

      Delete
  4. Huzzah Tess!
    Enjoy contributing to the global brain of the blogosphere!
    - Hope

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, I'm not quite sure I'm up to that challenge, Hope - but thanks!

      Delete
  5. Welcome to the world of blogging Tess! [And may you not let it get in the way of your real and wonderful writing!] - Will enjoy following you!
    Best to you,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Deb! You'll be happy to hear I was working on my real writing all afternoon (and promoting it a little was my motivation in starting a blog!)

      And as soon as I figure out how to do it, I will add a link to your wonderful blog, too!!!

      Delete
  6. Very cool. I'm impressed. Just goes to show that we are never too old to start a new chapter in our lives! I look forward to reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Janice. I'm still not convinced this old dog isn't too old to learn a new trick, but I'm giving it a go.

      Delete
  7. Wow, Tess, great start! I haven't been able to get even close to setting up my background etc as well as this! Lovely opening post, looking forward to reading and travelling the road with you!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cassandra - Good to know I have friendly company in the learning phase!

      Delete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so curious on what I will read here. I always loved reading your fiction and am so looking forward to any of it. Pride revisited is great BTW, it's my choice while nursing :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christine, thank you! I appreciate you following my little blog, and I'm curious what I will read here, too! LOL

      I'm so glad you are enjoying Pride Revisited! If you have a free minute in between nursing and other baby-attending, I would love it if you would go to lulu.com and leave a review that might help others decide if they would like it. (Or on Goodreads, it's there too)

      Delete
  10. Welcome to the book blogosphere. I have been blogging for a few years now and really love chatting with my bloggy friends worldwide about what I'm reading and what they're reading.

    BTW, I found you via the JASNA Denver Boulder FB page, which I moderate :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jane - so nice to 'meet' you in the blogosphere (I just read somewhere today that is what it is called, LOL) -- I hope to keep it interesting once I know what I'm doing.

      I am hoping, too, to be out in the Denver-Boulder area in the next couple months (April for the S&S premiere would be wonderful... still working on that) -- I have family living in Broomfield.

      I'll look for your blog! Thanks again.

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. Angie - you know I wouldn't have taken the plunge without you and your forthcoming app! Time will tell whether I thank you or curse you for it, LOL

      Thanks for the support!

      Delete