Friday 22 March 2013

An Apology and An Offer

To everyone who has supported me by purchasing a copy of my recently-published collection of short stories, Pride Revisited, I thank you from the bottom of my heart - and I hope sincerely that you are enjoying it!

To those who purchased the paperback version at Lulu.com, however, I was recently made aware that there is a printing error in the book... in fact, the same error made a dozen times!  When I screw up, I do it big time; but at least I'm consistent.

Long story short, as a result of a mass correction that went awry, every time the word "stretched" is supposed to appear, you will see the word "stRichard."  It occurs twelve times throughout the book.  The manuscript has been amended now so that future copies will be correct.

The error isn't earth-shattering, but I do know that something of that nature can, as you are reading along, draw you out of the flow of the narrative -- and for that I apologize.  And along with the apology, I make this offer:  if you purchased the paperback at Lulu, and you would like to get a corrected copy of the book, I will replace it free of charge.   To request a replacement, click on the Contact tab at the top of my blog, and use the form to email me with your information: your name, mailing address, email address in case I need to coordinate with you, and if you can recall it, approximately when you bought the paperback.   I'll get a replacement out to you as soon as possible.

If you prefer to pen-and-ink corrections in the copy you purchased already, the typo appears on the following pages:  56, 75, 104, 113, 149, 174, 243, 273, 274, 283, 293, 307.

Thankfully, there have been far more ebook purchases than paperbacks; and in ebook format, it should be correct. But if there is a problem, please let me know and I will rectify it.

Thanks again for your support -- and also for your patience with me as I fumble my way through this world of online publishing! My next book will be perfect!!! (fingers crossed)

No comments:

Post a Comment